Good Morning Gorgeous!!! Over the last couple of months I have met so many wonderful people & have had so many questions about... me! Of all things! I feel like it's really important to trust the person you have coming into your life on one of the most exciting days of your life. Relationship building is key and believe me I'll play 20 questions with you too! ;) Today I am sharing 10 things about me.
1. I have lived in Kansas all my life. I graduated a semester early from Piper High school then moved to Leavenworth for a hot minute. Then met my now husband & moved to Tonganoxie. I love living in this town! Everyone is so friendly and supportive. This town bands together like nothing I have ever seen.
2. I hated my husband when I first met him. We worked together at Cabela's and I couldn't stand him. I thought he was such a prick! We were both managers there and butted heads on several occasions (guess who won those battles???) He wasn't too fond of me either. One day he asked me out on a lunch date, I said yes & the rest is history.
3. I have to have the comforter just right. Like the quilt on our bed has flowers on it and flowers have to pointing straight up (towards the sun) and has to be on the right side. I physically cannot handle it being any other way. OCD? Maybe a little but only when it comes to that.
4. I am obsessed with throw blankets. I can't resist. My favorite spot to buy them is Home Goods & Tj Maxx. They have the best throw blankets. Always a decent price and always fun patterns/textures to chose from! I have 13. They're seasonal so they're not all out at the same time, but Kelley (my photog friend) really appreciates my obsession ;)
5. I had a band for years. Yep! I sang in choir all through high school and then my junior year started a band. I have open for Darryl Woorley & Tracy Lawrence. I have sang at the VooDoo Lounge and on the stage at Sandstone Amphitheater - if that's still the name?? It changes all the time. I sang my last "show" when I was 5 months pregnant. I miss it. Being in a bar till 2am all weekend long would prevent me from being able to do this passion though, you probably don't want a tired/haggered make-up artist on the day of you wedding. ;) you don't have to worry about that!
6. My microwave and bathtub are 2 items I DESPERATELY want to replace. They're like, not "me" sized. You can't pop a bag of popcorn in my microwave without watching it the entire 3 minutes it takes to pop because the bag will get stuck and burn. Nothing worse than burnt popcorn smell! So you have to stop it and move the bag - it's a whole process, just for popcorn! The bath tub is smaller than a standard bath tub. Even my bonus mom thinks so. I can't wait to remodel/add on to our bathroom/closet area. That day will be a glorious one!
7. I. love. carbs. I love all things pasta, all things cheesecake, all things chips and salsa + espinanca sauce. Jose peppers has my heart. A strawberry margarita and some chips + cheese dip = the perfect sunday funday. Also, I order off the kids menu there and I get the same thing everytime. Ask my girlfriends; they order adult food & are jealous of my Go-Gurt when they bring it out! HAHA!
8. My parents are divorced. Although the divorce wasn't easy and still has times where it pulls at my heart strings, it's okay. My mom lives 7 minutes from me, I couldn't imagine it any other way. My dad still lives in my childhood home so I get to go "home" anytime I want. I got a fabulous bonus mom who gets mistaken for PINK all the time & it's hilarious. I also gained 2 sisters out of the deal so that's fun too!
9. I wanted more kids. My husband came with 2 bonus kids (I hate the use of "step"). I fell in love with with an "instafam" and there is no shame in that. I had no idea what it would look like but some how I just knew it would work. The boys are amazing kids, my man raised them right. It really is crazy how much love your heart has to give once you open it up. Then came along a little girl, a crazy little red head that has changed our world for the better. As she got bigger and my friends we're having their 2nd kid or some their 3rd. I kept thinking, I want another baby. The hard reality of my husband just really feeling complete and me feeling like something missing is hard. There were tears, a couple dozen of them but ultimately I was/am happy. Isn't that what we're all looking for in this life time? Happiness? I started looking at what I DID have and stopped looking at what I DIDN'T have. I am blessed. CLEV Party of 5 please!
10. I want you to be happy. I can't stress this enough. Senior pics, wedding, engagement session, date night - I want you to look and feel your best! Trusting someone else to do your hair and make-up is a big deal, I totally get it. Especially if you're not "into" make-up. It's one of the biggest things for me, that my client and I have a wide open relationship! I want you to be able to tell me what you like and what you don't. I will do everything in my power to fix it for you! Your happiness matters to me; thank you for trusting me!
Now you know a little more about me! :)